Category Archives: Journalism Courses in India
Program: BA Mass Comm & Journalism
Eligibility: 10+2 with Good Pass Marks
WHY CHOOSE BFIT ?
- Reputation as one of the fastest growing Group of Institutions in the region.
- Communication to World Class Teaching.
- Dedicated Group of Professionals.
- Weekly Seminars and workshops.
- Lecture Hall-Equipped with latest information Technology and Teaching methods.
- Intense Practical Teaching.
- Global Standard Air Conditioned Laboratories.
- In Campus Round-the-clock Medical facilities.
- Pastoral Care & 24x7x365 security Vigil for safety and dignity.
- Personality Development & English Speaking classes.
- Massive campus Recruitments-see BIFTIANS working in more than 250 companies.
- In campus separate Hostels for Boys and girls
- Free Campus Wi-Fi to BIFTIANS.
- Exciting location Gateway to Himalayas.
- Pollution free lush green Campus.
- On campus Sporting life-Volleyball, Cricket, Basketball, Badminton, Table Tennis etc.
- The Arts on Campus-Auditorium 1200 seating, College Symphonic Concert Band, Theater, Drama Workshops and many more cultural activities to set your pulse racing.
- Library-Inspirational place to study provides thousands of printed Volumes, e-Books and databases.
- Regular Industrial visits and Guest Lecture from renowned Professionals.
- Kalpana Chawla Scholarships and Excellence Awards to deserving BFITIANS.
- In campus well equipped Club House and Gymnasium.
- 24 hours Electricity & R.O. Purified drinking water.
- On campus Events-Tech. Fest, Volleyball Championship, Cricket Tournament, Quiz Competition, Dance Competition, Singing Competition, Chess & Carom Competition, Debate Competition, Mr & Miss Fresher and many more.
The admission to the courses being run by BFIT Group of Institutions is made by selection committee .The entrance application received is screened and merit list is prepared for the entrance examination. The candidates are informed by post about the date and time of the entrance exam which is held at various states/cities as listed in the entrance form. The candidate not found eligible is separately informed. The registration fee sent by them is not refundable as it is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure his/her eligibility for the course being applied for before sending the form. The result of the entrance exam is communicated to the candidate through newspaper edition / post. The candidate’s called for interviews are required to make travel and residential arrangements on their own. No TA / DA to this effect will be paid to them.Interviews and tests will be held at various states/cities in India. For details contact resident Advisor, head office or visit website.For all course the following are to be submitted along with the prescribed Entrance examination forms available with the admission brochure of BFIT Group of Institutions:
1. Three attested copies of passport size recent photograph.
2. Attested proof of Date of Birth.
3. Attested photocopies mark sheets and degree/other proof based on which admission is sought.
Bank draft in name of “Finance officer, BFIT DEHRADUN” payable at Dehradun for Rs.500/- towards application processing, admission tests (wherever applicable) and Interviews.
BFIT Group of Institutions shall give special weight age to the following categories:
|1.||Recipient of National talent award from NCERT.|
|2.||N.C.C. cadets who have passed the “B” or “C” of G-II Certificate or holders of certificates of merit for N.S.S. / MFIP awarded by the University or state Government.|
|3.||Students who have been commended or recommended (i.e. have obtained first or second positions) at the interzonal, interuniversity or state level youth festival / sports events/ tournaments organized by state government/ university either individually or as a member of the team.|
|4.||Sportsmen who have won 1st ,2nd ,3rd position at university / state level tournament organized by state government / university in Individual Events or team Games or have actually participated in the inter University or National Level Competition.|
|5.||Candidates (spouse /son / daughter) of Military/paramilitary personnel killed in action or Defence personnel permanently disabled in action.|
|6.||Candidates who have passed matric and higher secondary or 10+2 examination from schools situated in rural areas excluding public /boarding schools and are Bonafide residents of rural areas. In such cases a certificate from a competent authority (Magistrate First Class), will have to be furnished.|
|7.||Wards of Olympians.|
|8.||All female candidates.|
|9.||Candidate from minority community.|
Note: A candidate may be under one or more of above categories, but the total marks allowable under this special weight age would be 5% only.
Interviews and tests will be held at various states/cities in India. For details contact resident Advisors, head office or visit website.
Program: BA (Hons.) in Journalism & Mass Communication
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with minimum 50% marks from CBSE or any other recognised board. Qualification from any foreign board needs an Equivalency certificate.
Industry-centric curriculum to provide basic knowledge in Television Production & Broadcast Journalism, Advertising Management and Creativity, Print Journalism, PR and Event Management, Web Journalism and Development Communication
Note: Students will have the following two exit options over the four year Bachelor programme:
- A student will be conferred a general degree if he/she exits after successful completion of three years.
- He/She will get an honours degree on the successful completion of the entire duration of four years.
The various fee/scholarship slabs are as given below:
|Aggregate Percentage at CBSE/State/Equivalent Class XII Board Exanimation||Scholarship offered per annum on standard tuition fee#||Net tuition fee per annum||Additional fees|
|>50% to <75%||Rs. 70000||Rs. 150000||
|>=75% to <90%||Rs. 90000||Rs. 130000|
|>=90%(eligible for Dr. Stya Paul Memorial Scholarship)||Rs. 210000||Rs. 10000|
Single Room charges per annum
Double Sharing charges per annum
|For Dr. Stya Paul Memorial Scholarship Holders||Rs. 50000||Rs. 45000|
|Other students||Rs. 90000||Rs. 80000|
For students/alumni of Apeejay schools, an additional scholarship is provided over and above the Foundation Years’ Scholarship. For details, please contact the ASU Admission counsellors at +91-9002003773 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org